Goodreads Author Account is a free online service that allows authors to register and recommend their books to a worldwide audience.
Registering Your Books on Goodreads
Goodreads is the world’s largest community of readers for authors especially self published ones, as it gives them a wide platform.
- Setting up Goodreads Author Profile:
- First, see whether your book is in the database or not. If it is not, then click on ‘My Books’ followed by ‘Import/Export’ and then on ‘Manually Add Book’. Alternatively, you can use this link, https://www.goodreads.com/book/new.
- Once you are on the profile page, click on the link of your name that will lead to Author Profile Page. It will ask, “Is this you? Let us know?”
- Click on it and send a request.
- Customise your profile by adding:
- Author Bio.
- Get started
- Rate at least twenty books to unlock more features.
- Add friends.
- Ask reviews for feedback.
Claiming Your Goodreads Author Account
An author cannot fully utilise this site’s capacity unless he is officially recognized as a Goodreads author.
- Find yourself after registering at Goodreads. Click on one of the books that belong to you in the search box. A page that lists your books will be displayed. Click on your author’s name.
- Your author profile page will open up and ask for verification. Click on it and submit your request.
- Goodreads will verify your credentials and send you a welcome mail.
The Fantastic Four Benefits of Using Goodreads
- It helps a self published author in India to build his platform in a community that has 50 million members.
- The author can sync his blogs and host giveaways to expand awareness about his work.
- It gives the writer a chance to get noticed by offering him an opportunity to review other books.
- The writer can connect with other like-minded writers via reading groups.